PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Halleluejah! CDS "Armed Forces 'stretched beyond their capabilities"
Old 25th Jun 2008, 07:53
dallas

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by cheesedoff
Lets face it, he's just one of many spineless officers. Just like to add that not all officers are spineless!
To be fair, I'm not sure if he's necessarily told about the nuts and bolts of our problems - I'm sure we can all recall awkward crossed-arms theatre visits from senior blokes, where few flight commander types actually tell the visitor the bad stuff, as opposed to the usual blah about 'everyones making the most of it Sir and our percentages...blah, blah'. If senior bloke walked in and asked 'what are your issues' - which I have heard Torpy has done on occasion - they might be more inclined to open their gobs earlier about stretch. But Torpy tactics don't make for comfortable smiley visits.

And anyway, even if they did spend...oooh an instant £5bn on defence tomorrow, is that going to stop the exodus that, from what I hear, is increasing in momentum by the day, as more people realise that if they stay they're the ones picking up the non-existent slack?

This isn't news gents, it's chickens coming home to roost, having been on the horizon for the past 2-3 years.