PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - More secrecy at Airservices – Waypoint 2008
Old 24th Jun 2008, 23:30
Dick Smith

Received 74 Likes on 29 Posts
More secrecy at Airservices – Waypoint 2008

I had heard on the grapevine that Airservices would be holding its annual Waypoint industry and stakeholder forum on 25 and 26 June, and noted the dates in my diary. I heard nothing further.

On checking the Airservices website I found information on previous Waypoint forums, including information about the 2007 event with the proposed format and some issues for discussion. It listed the speeches of the 2007 Waypoint.

The information on the website states:

The two-day event provides all our stakeholders and clients with the opportunity to hear current and future agenda to remake our business. More importantly, it gives our stakeholders and customers an opportunity to express their views on issues of importance to the aviation industry.
However there was no mention at all of the 2008 Waypoint, and it appears that this information is not available to all its stakeholders and customers at all.

My office phoned Airservices for information. They confirmed the event does start today at 2.30 pm at the War Memorial. My office was told that information was only put on the website after the event because it was by “invitation only.” Airservices would not provide further information on the content of today’s event, saying that information would have been provided to the invited participants.

Once again, Airservices appears to be “consulting” with a hand-picked group of people that they have chosen not to rock the boat.

I would like to go to the meeting – are there others?

Does anyone here have any information on this event?