PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - IFR TOPD broadcasts
View Single Post
Old 24th Jun 2008, 22:05
Back Seat Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What I was trying to get across is that an IFR A/C still has a 'See & Avoid' responsibility when not in cloud. Which includes unreported VFR aircraft not showing on radar and not fitted with TCAS. The VFR aircraft obviously also has a See & Avoid responsibility, but not necessarily a position reporting responsibility. I submit that If the TOPD brodcast by the IFR aircraft included its compass quadrant from the aerodrome, then the VFR aircraft has a better chance to alert the inbound IFR aircraft of any potential conflict. I am in full agreement with the case origionally put forward by 2 dogs, but as Ando 1 bar (I know you've got more bars than that now Ando), it is not actually a requirement. My submission is that adding a compass quadrant to the 'All Stations' call by the IFR aircraft could be inserted into the AIP exactly as in the manner required for information required to be provided when inbound to a procedural controlled tower. To me it is a good idea put forward by 2 Dogs, just not actually required by the letter of the law.