PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Light aircraft "could be bombs"
View Single Post
Old 24th Jun 2008, 20:16
cgg

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If anything legislative as to happen in light of this report, it would be another nail in the coffin of democracy and freedom. The irony of all of this is that the democratic culture that we celebrate is not being eroded by terrorism but by the police state eager to justify its existence and purpose fuelled by the ignorance and assumed self importance of the media.

In reality the threat from the IRA was far more intrusive to our everyday lives yet life went on and survived. Sure there were legislative measures brought in to deal with it but none as Orwellian as we see now. When they wanted to hurt the British public, they knew how to do it without raising suspicion.

I also wonder whether the same senior police officers also want to see UAV's used for policing purposes and want to remove some of the operating constraints such as GA. They are of course all stakeholders in the Mode S debate and its not difficult to see why.

Whilst I don't enjoy watching politicians grandstanding for attention, I might support the wider point that David Davies is trying to make in his by-election. Enough is enough.