PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Easyjet Scrap 6/3 pattern
View Single Post
Old 24th Jun 2008, 19:56
G-TTIC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It's an absolute joke. As GOOMG says, get ready for 7 day weeks, lates to earlies (which many of the 320/1 crew are being subjected to on a regular basis). I can't remember who said it but it's true: flexible means flexible for easyJet, not flexible for you.

Where has my quality of life gone? Down the drain. The way I work is more restricted, I'm not allowed to have as much fun, I'm treated like a child and management seem to do what suits them. You call in sick? Oh no no, you should have waited until the morning too see how you were feeling - don't you know how much sickness costs us? On the other hand, come in to work and get offloaded - well then you should have called in sick?

Go in for a return to work chat and they want to know the intimate details. What exactly was wrong, what did you take for it, perhaps you should take vitamin supplements. It appears our modest ACCMs are moonlighting as doctors.

The problem is that the company thinks they can walk all over us. I appreciate the pinch from the price of oil, but alienate your cabin crew and you're in a tough situation. Expect to see many, many people leaving. Heck, it's just like any other airline now with random rostering, what's keeping people here? Heck, even Ryanair can make fixed 6-3/5-3 (depending on base) work.

Everyone, no matter what your view, needs to make it know to the union. If you're not a member, join - make us stronger as a workforce and show them we will not be trodden on.