PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Singaporeair Captain recruitment
View Single Post
Old 24th Jun 2008, 19:00
777driver06

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dreamer - Who are you?!? I've been reading your posts since before I even applied at SQ. I have applied, been to the interview, offered a class date and you are still on the fence and posting about SQ. I hope that others on this thread who are actually seeking info on the process and job (as I was) will read through some of your posts. I said 3900 because I was given a piece of paper with the complete breakdown. Now whether you believe it or not is totally irrelevant. I am reporting what I know to those who are truly seeking information and possible employment. Can we all hope that this thread will be used to both; state the facts as we (those who have put themselves out there and applied) know, and to find out what we don't know? PS I am still looking for the small print that I keep reading about. The contract that I have received is very clear with no mention of a particular percentage boost at any time. It may not be the best out there, but it is very clear. I realize that this may be a change, but that is the way that I read it in the present.

The housing situation is both high and normal depending on the location. I have seen 2 bd condos and apartments ranging from 2700 - 12000. Having a college student who will stay at home is a big plus for us. I'm not sure how a family with middle or high school children can make it, but I have met a couple of pilots who have placed their kid's names on the waiting lists and say it will work. By the way, as I said in a previous post, the 1400 per student, limited to two, does require receipts. The housing does not. If anyone reading this really wants to know more about the process that I went through and is interested in the facts as I know them, drop me a line.