PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Easyjet Scrap 6/3 pattern
View Single Post
Old 24th Jun 2008, 18:10
Getoutofmygalley

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ladies and Gentlemen, have you ever done random rostering within easyJet?

I did it for 6 months when I first joined and it was awful. You would work up to 7 days on, then at times just 1 day off and then back in on a block of 6 days. Duty days were random in that some weeks you would do all lates, other weeks mainly earlies - sometimes even start on lates and end on earlies. It was impossible to plan for things and more often than not you would be on minimum rest between duty periods. I was going home from work absolutely hanging at night.

If the company can not manage 6 and 3, they certainly won't be able to manage random rostering. Crew will run out of hours early in the year and will spend a lot of time on HCT and other crew will end up picking up the slack.

What the company needs to do is invest a bit more time and money in the rostering department, analyse exactly how many crew are needed per group and get the right numbers in the groups. Why on earth are we constantly at LGW (and other bases LPL for instance) having crew who are doing week after week of late duties? The company abuses 6 and 3 by allocating duties in the wrong way, then they say it does not work!

Random rostering will be a complete and utter disaster, but management won't care because we are just a resource to be used up and discarded (like a BCF!).