PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - virgin atlantic
Thread: virgin atlantic
View Single Post
Old 24th Jun 2008, 13:58
High as a Kite

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I was at Virgin for 6years and even though I enjoyed my time there, be aware of the poor pay(especially downroute allowances).

Yes its true, the VS crew do know how to have a good time!! Even the flight crew always join in, in fact, its normally them who arrange everything!! Even though the crew don't get well paid, they always seem to enjoy themselves! Maybe because the majority are 'younger' and want to make the most of where they go! On occassions you will always get the 'delsey diner' who doesn't want to go and and spend! But beleive me, the crew will always find the cheapest places to drink!!

Good luck if you want to go to VS, just don't count on being well paid, there are alot better companies out there for money! Virgin though has fantastic perks and staff travel. So you need to weigh up whats important to you.
Did you want to mention anything about pay in your post?

The things that are important in life is having enough money to run a decent car, buy your own a house and pay into a pension scheme. There is no future in flying for VIRGIN.
There are plenty of crew at VS enjoying a flying CAREER who also have a decent car (blame the government for the running costs), own property and pay into a pension scheme.