PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ormond Beach Aviation - Hour Building
View Single Post
Old 24th Jun 2008, 12:42
gfunc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just curious....

I'm just wondering why you've chosen to go with OBA? I see from their website that the price is quite good and includes accomodation (unknown quality!), but from what you've said you will only realistical be able to take the aircraft for trips to airfields within a few hours radius. It might get a bit dull once you've visited every one and still have 40 odd hours left to burn.

Have you considered getting block hours from another provider where you have the aircraft to yourself for an extended period of time? This way you could string together the mother of all cross countries (e.g. to NYC and back), which would benefit your experience more than being 'tied' to Ormond beach. If you use the internet to find cheap digs (i.e. away from the biggest cities) I bet it wouldn't be too much more than the package at OBA and a great deal more fun.

Since you will already have the PPL and you aren't training toward another licence I don't think you need a special visa (M-1) for hour building, so you don't have to be tied to the JAA schools. Best to check though.

Best of luck with whatever you go for!

Cheers,

Gareth.