PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Israeli Air Force practices for Iranian strike
Old 24th Jun 2008, 08:47
effortless

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
mr fish

Many think the persecution of jews (and others of course) ended with the defeat of germany, sadly this was not the case and pogroms continued against jews returning from death camps and slave labour sites well into the late 40s.
Certainly and Israel was amongst them. Ask any survivors, if you can find them in Isreal, how they were treated when they arrived. One of the nicknames was "Ash". Auschwitz survivors knew what the reference was. "Exodus" was an absolute fabrication. The US didn't want a huge influx of Jews, Russia and the eastern bloc was still actively anti-semitic and Israelis blamed them for staying in Germany etc.

I do still know survivors, though they are a shrinking group and by and large they are disgusted by those who wrap themselves in the Holocaust banner just as we all know those of our lost and maimed mates who are horrified at the flag wrappers who use their sacrifice for their own ends. I am stretching the analogy a bit but I am a bit raw about it at the moment.

Anyone who listens to Iranian rhetoric must ask who the intended audience is. In common with insecure regimes throughout history, they are speaking to their own population.

I do not want Iran or anyone else to have "The Bomb" but they would almost be derilict in their duty not to acknowledge the fact that almost every border is with someone who already has one or has a mate who has.

Many dismissed Hitler's rants in the 1930's as empty, impotent rhetoric.
Not many did really but this is trotted out daily about anyone we don't like.