PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Vietnam Airlines (info please)
View Single Post
Old 24th Jun 2008, 08:05
ia1166

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ok. this week of the 40 so expat captains, a total of 11 have more than 1 day off in the week. 1 guy has 3. only around half of these have 2 days together. almost everyone has time in hanoi. some 1 day, some 2 days and maybe 40% have a 3 day lay over in hanoi. I guess by looking over the lot most people are flying 14 to 20 sectors with a very few flying less.

Look this is just a snap of this week. It's not the hardest flying but it's exactly as i said guys. You get 7 days a month, so obviously you can get 2 together maximum twice in a month if you ask, and they will try to work you the 8 days before it so you pick up on the 60 hours off in 10 day rule. for my part i now have 4 days off before the end of the month but i had a 30 minute battle with rostering to get it and i had to get the CAAV involved. And that just gets me to my minimum 7 days this month.

Having said that what do you expect? 2 days a week off, good money, 2 weeks off every 6 weeks, we're short of pilots. Guys one of these statements isn't correct is it.

It's a good place all in all if you can take the rostering, but if you come, then know what it's like before you get here, otherwise you'll be unhappy. Pprune isn't a recruitment sitefor management, it's hopefully where the truth can be told pilot to pilot.

Oh and the post above highlights exactly what i was saying. I jst can't wait for more people like him to turn up.

And i see you have 2 nights in hanoi this week jump drive. and you're getting in at midnight tonight, back into saigon midnight tomorrow night, and working thursday night too. Some roster.

Last edited by ia1166; 24th Jun 2008 at 08:17.