PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - In flight Pilot suicide
View Single Post
Old 24th Jun 2008, 07:58
pacplyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The truth that no one wants

The unspoken truth is: that you do, or have in the past, slept in the cockpit to increase safety. This is why ALPA, an honorable organization is against this.

The gov is never going to do the right thing in the uneducated eye of the public and admit that NASA studies all point to 70% fewer mistakes in the terminal area when redeye pilots take a 20-45 minute nap enroute. Morons all over the net might be calling for the head of the first gov official who grows a pair and supports this needed improvement to air safety.

You know, and I know that video in the cockpit will greatly increase accident knowledge. But you know, and I know, that management/gov will abuse this info to blackball perceived troublemakers, union ringleaders, etc.

Solution: just like the cockpit voice recorder, make it a federal offense to release the data in anything but an FAA/NTSB/gov investigation of an accident.

No accident?

The crew MUST have the ability to bulk erase the data, like we did on the 30 minute voice recorders.

Suicides? Come now. Exactly how many could their possibly be?

Silk Air
Egypt Air
Attempted JAL DC-8 in Japan
rumour of Colorado Springs 737
do you know of another jet suicide? I don't.

That's about it on jets. Not even a one-one hundred thousand percent of total operations. If the media is so paranoid of Kamikazi pilots crashing them to their deaths, they should force the FAA and Airlines to re-instate the third pilot in the cockpit (S/O, GIB, F/O, etc)

That's what I think.

pacific plyer