PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ormond Beach Aviation - Hour Building
View Single Post
Old 24th Jun 2008, 05:57
geordiejet

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
geordiejet, this URL with photographs is a sleight of hand considering present equipment at OBA. The vast majority of these defects have been attended to, with 7 excellently maintained PA28s added to the fleet in May. There is in fact a reimbursement for fuel purchased away from base. And I can only add that AT was in my experience a gentleman, to such an extend I returned to give the company further business.
I've made no reference to AT whatsoever in this thread. Perhaps a new paragraph would be appropriate - if that one is not directed toward me.

There is a reimbursement for fuel - which I've mentioned - but it is WAY below what you pay for the actual fuel. I.e. - you get the equivalent COST PRICE of the fuel that OBA use (they own the bowser that you fill up from). Which is a lot less than the RETAIL price that you pay for fuel in other airports.

This is very important if you do want to venture further afield - as it adds a substantial amount on to the cost of a flight if you fill up away from home, especially now avgas is through the roof.