PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Drug Smugglers - To Eat or not Eat...
View Single Post
Old 24th Jun 2008, 01:35
PaulE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
LOL OK thanks for the info "Glam"girl

Firstly, for your informtion EVERY airline does NOT have a written regulation regarding male passengers being seated next to unaccompanied minors (children) mostly because it goes against WRITTEN discrimination legislation IE read the following: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/British_airways under controversies.

Trust me my airline is no "amateur outfit". Being a 4 star airline, we have many unwritten rules and regulations. Being a Middle Eastern Carrier we create our own rules and regulations. Be it written or verbal. Which proves difficult at times. Hence my questioning.

Not every airline out there has concrete written rules, as we DONT ALL HAVE UNIONS. Please understand this.

Within my SOP's there is nothing that stipulates the punishment of 'smoking pax' etc. The passenger is always right. Ive had crew members on my flight who have been spat on, yelled at and even groped by passengers - and nothing was done.

Within my carrier, it is up the passenger 'as they see fit' to use a infant seatbelt. We advise them of our procedure. If they decide against it its their responsibility. Same goes with serving hot liquids while the seat belt sign is on. Our SOP's dont state if children are allowed to sleep on the floor (no isle)

I cant say I agree with these policies, as this gives us lee way to fall into the blame category, if something goes wrong. But thats the way things are at the moment.

My quesiton relates to speculation/rumour if you will. I was wondering if this is an unwritten crew ruling or just a rumour. Simple as that. No need to be so defensive!! lol

Trust me, being a middle eastern cabin crew member, I DONT involve myself in drugs or people associated with drugs. I am simply asking a question to Ultra Long haul crew members who ACTUALLY FLY TO AUSTRALIA. That is all.

Thanks guys!

Paul

Thanks again