PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ATP Scheme (easyjet type rating and line hrs)
Old 24th Jun 2008, 01:32
BitMoreRightRudder

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Do this scheme and you're nuts. Simple. If you have 30K to blow then fire away. Ezy have recently announced one base closure with possibly more to follow and are getting rid of a/c. They don't need pilots, they need to cut costs and find new ways of creating revenue. You see where this is going? The new ATP scheme will make ezy money. That's as far as it goes.

I'll not bleat on about the morals of this scheme, its been done on terms and endearments, but yes, a lot of easyjet pilots are totally pissed off with the company. If you're a low hour fATPL desperate for a job then you won't listen to any of this or care about the implications of this scheme - to be fair I can understand that.

But I'm sorry - you are PAYING ezy to work for them. It's wrong, from every conceivable angle. Good luck to everyone who goes for this, if you end up with a job at the end of the 150hrs (again, morals of the scheme aside) I'd be pleased for you. I'd also be astonished.