PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Nimrod crash in Afghanistan Tech/Info/Discussion (NOT condolences)
Old 23rd Jun 2008, 19:41
Chugalug2

Received 236 Likes on 72 Posts
He proceeded to 'order' me to fit the bolt to which I said 'charge me for disobeying an order. I am not putting my signature or sending an aircraft flying with that fitted as that bolt is not fit to be fitted to an aircraft and I am advising you not to do so'......
I was then confronted by an non-Nimrod Engo from the base and told in no uncertain terms to ignore the UTI as it had a window of 28 days to be carried out (this in itself was wrong as a UTI only has 7 days validity) and I was to ignore the fact that the pipe was leaking until then!!!!!!!!!!!

MH AGE, thank you for showing us that every one involved in aviation, civilian or military, AC2 to ACM, has the final responsibility to do what is right and to refuse to do what is wrong. From the posts on this thread and others I have a strong suspicion that the wrong has emanated from the higher end of that spectrum. This is a double betrayal at least. The very leaders responsible for maintaining high standards from the past have reneged on their responsibilities rendering a considerable part of the RAF fleet unfit for purpose. They have also compromised others who they command and they in turn attempt to compromise others as MHAGE tells us. This is a rotten system that has to be torn apart root and branch. The first thing to be dismembered from it is Airworthiness Authority. In my view the MOD has shown itself to be fatally compromised and unfit to exercise such responsibility.