PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BRISTOL - 4
Thread: BRISTOL - 4
View Single Post
Old 23rd Jun 2008, 19:23
easyJet Galley King

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ryanair and easyJet continue to slug it out over Milan with neither getting spectacular loads. FR saw 6929 to Bergamo (average load 112, load factor 59%) and easyJet saw 6427 to Malpensa (average load 104, load factor 66%).

It will be interesting to see how long they keep this up. Ryanair have certainly indicated through their winter timetable that they intend continuing daily; we shall have to wait for easy's decision when their winter timetable is published
With recent expansion at MXP, it would be nice to see that 2nd daily rotation in the morning, allowing for a days work in Milan. This I think would give us the edge over FR, and get the business traveller that the route I think is aimed at.

My own feeling, for what it is worth, is that too many locals are still using LHR for their transatlantic travel, given they have an option on their doorstep. I accept that many US destinations from BRS require a transfer at EWR and that LHR invariably provides a non-stop route, but I still believe that West Country people could support the service a bit more strongly.
Origninally, wouldnt consider the service due to the Skyteam alliance, but with a new move to Star, I could be swayed. However, there is still something I find somewhat claustraphobic about EWR on a 757.....