PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AA flight diverts to BOS
View Single Post
Old 24th Dec 2001, 13:57
El Grifo

Received 56 Likes on 32 Posts
It has to be said, MissChief is expressing the sentements of most clear minded people, as opposed to the minds of those clouded by social correctness or religion.

The world has changed. Fanatical groups from the Islamic World are on the march. We just have to reflect on recent events to establish who their targets are. Primarily, honest, innocent, working, Men, Women and children.

I have no love for the Israelis and I absolutely abhor what's taking place in their adopted country right now, but an approach to security similar to thiers, is going to have to be considered.

On top of that, a method of dealing with people quite obviously involved in "Terrorist Activities"
(and I mean clearly definable activities) has to be introduced.
I have always believed in principle, in the death penalty.

The UK's history of "wrongful convictions", "fabricated evidence" etc etc etc and the releasing of scores of Birmingham sixes, Manchester fours, West Bromwich two, Newcastle nil
prevent me from believing that it is an acceptable option.

However,when a Guy gets on a plane with a "bomb" in his shoe and attempts to set it off in full view of the passengers, irrespective of his sanity or religious beleifs (or both) then he should be toasted.

The alternative is to try him, convict him
(maybe) and then stick him in a prison for thirty years or so, during which time the possibility of his spiritual brothers arranging another hijack or hostage, taking in order to effect his release exists for the entire period.

We have clearly entered a new chapter in the tale of "Terrorism" and I think we have to start looking for new and effective and direct ways of dealing with it.

Eh, two sugar please dear.

[ 24 December 2001: Message edited by: El Grifo ]</p>