PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Advise on landing technique
View Single Post
Old 23rd Jun 2008, 14:56
davidmolamphy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Guys,

Sincere thanks for the many replies. I was flying early this morning, and I don't know exactly what was different, but my instructor didn't put a finger on the controls during the entire flight. Coming up on short finals I just said to myself, like what an above poster said, i'm doing this for fun, i've been thought this well and I can do it. I suppose it was just a matter of confidence. And what do you know, best touch & go I ever made. Followed that with 6 more just as good. For the full stop, we done a long landing as my FI described it. As our exit was more than 2/3's down the runway and we needed to expedite our vacating the runway, I flew a normal approch then held it at 60 knots the whole way down the runway, flying about 5-10 feet above the surface. When it was time to land, I just cut the power and held the nose back gently. For almost all of the landings I was getting the stall warning just a second before touch down, which is good.

That was great practise and is basically what was suggested by a number of you above. This was my first flight with this particular instructor, and he was asking me what my reason for not having gone solo before this, so I must have been doing something right!

My next flight is some more circuits just to 'hammer home' what I learned today, and a more of the technique as described by BackPacker. and then the solo checkride, so happy days! Again, greatly appreciate all of the more than valuable advice provided.