PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair - 'Laying Off' 600!!
View Single Post
Old 23rd Jun 2008, 09:49
cockney steve

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The TRUE cost of directly -employed labour is approximately DOUBLE the wage!

Holiday-pay, sickness-pay, recruitment and HR personnel. Health and Safety wallahs, (not to mention the protective gear/signs/systems,to save Darwin candidates from their own stupidity) Plus the admin and pen-pushers to make it all happen.
Maternity/paternity leave........someone pays,-It's the PUNTER! Yes, the SLF pays all this on their ticket-price.

How come Tesco and their ilk can make profits to cover fancy developments,car-parking, etc. whilst the small corner-store goes bust????

VOLUME! Ryanair is the " Aldi" or" Lidl " of the airline-business.

Absoloutely basic, no-frills,COMMODITY service....they flog transport to the punter,at rock-bottom....punters wanting something better can go to Easy/Flybe or the like. Those who hope for a quality -product,go for the "M&S" service of BA...(unfortunately, they haven't found a Stuart Rose to drag them out of the crap....fancy packaging stripped away reveals a product little different to RYR,at magnitudes dearer.

Love him or hate him, MOL has targeted the "pile high,sell cheap" market.

His cattle-trucks are modern, clean,prompt and reliable,but most importantly.

AFFORDABLE TO THE PUNTER...I used them last year, without that low price transport,I wouldn't have considered my first foreign holiday.

Package tours are a different animal altogether.
I predict that Ryanair will continue to thrive....they're lean,productive and supply a product that's chosen by a huge sector.

The Elitists should pull their head out of the sand....the world has moved on and the "Orient-Eexpess" era has gone,for good.

Sorry for the thread-drift...I understand the pain,but see the reality.