PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Those considering Emirates
View Single Post
Old 23rd Jun 2008, 09:00
Marooned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As high pressure takes over for the summer various toxic gases are trapped and circulating all around us:

Gas venting from the rigs offshore, concrete dust, gases released from the Aluminium smelting works next to the Marina, exhaust fumes from the gas guzzlers on the roads...

I try and get my kids out to exercise but the air is insipid and they look anemic. A few weeks back at home and some fresh air and they get some colour back... and then there's that Dubai cough we all have and the clinic know all too well.

The long term effects of all this crap in the air will not be known until... the longer term. Until then it doesn't take a genius to realise the detrimental effects this recirculated air will have on us and more importantly our kids. Rest assured there will be no study made public which lets us know what is in the air and the effects it will have.

BASINGS: Surely it must offer more efficiency than basing all us all in this pit. I cannot believe HRH TC still is so bloody minded that he will keep us all here regardless of the cost. Despite evidence to the contrary he is the main, perhaps only obstacle to giving us an option many of us so dearly want... a way out of here.