PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Britains Youngest ATPL Holder
View Single Post
Old 23rd Jun 2008, 07:36
Mikehotel152

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Too true XL319!

Have you ever met a 15 year old who doesn't think they're an adult or 18 year olds who don't know it all? Statistics regularly show that young men aged 17-24 are the prime cause of road traffic accidents. IMHO this is because they have the above average motor skills and reactions to match their raging and over-bubbling hormones, but not the maturity and experience to curb those instincts.

It's embarassing sounding like Victor Meldrew, but people in their teens and early twenties are simply lacking in an essential ingredient to making decisions under pressure - specifically, life experience. I honestly wouldn't feel as safe flying with a 19 year old at the sharp end as I would with a 30 year old with the same flying hours. I bet most of the travelling public would feel the same.

And as for what Adios said about GS marks, what a load of bananas. Anyone with access to the Question Bank ought to be getting average grades in the 90 percentile without burning the midnight oil. Put the effort in and getting close to 100% for each exam is very achievable. This young guy is at an age where academic learning is at its easiest, he was clearly very focused, and I bet he wasn't out clubbing most nights like most of us were at his age!