PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAAF Flight Screening Programme
View Single Post
Old 23rd Jun 2008, 02:57
Wiley

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bet this is the first time you've been called a baby boomer, Milt. (For those not aware of Milt's background, he was flying P51s in Korea when most of us baby boomers were still learning to suck our dummies.)

Mark 86, at a guess, I'd say your application is in limbo most probably because someone has put it aside because they're hoping to give you a go because you've shown obvious application by going back to night school etc... but in some other area, your application falls short.

Having spent some of my time in the RAAF perusing applications for aircrew positions, I was constantly amazed at the lack of care taken in the presentation of their application by some applicants. An old rule of thumb, very difficult to do in this age of instant emails, is to stick anything you write in the top drawer and re-read it next morning before sending it in. Even better, have your secretaty/wife/a colleague to scan it before you send it in - and if they query ANY point that YOU think is clear, it's not, so re-write it.

Good luck with your application. If it's what you want to do, it's worth pursuing.