PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Vietnam Airlines (info please)
View Single Post
Old 23rd Jun 2008, 00:38
ia1166

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No upgrades on the 777. and for those wanting upgrade on the 320, there are fos alread here ready, waiting, and more than capable so expect to stand in line for around a year. You can't stroll in and go to the front of the queue.

Don't shoot the messenger. What i've told you about the rostering is absolutely true. I've been here over 4 years. I returned from leave 5 weeks ago and have had exactly 5 days off. I'll show anyone my roster if they want. I wouldn't call that whining. When i was thinking of coming here some people here told me a lot of bs too. Don't be fooled.

All i'm saying is that if you are jumping ship from a mainline or legacy carrier you need to do the math on the 6/2 option. Most of my mates in europe average 10 days off a month on short haul ops, plus 36 days leave a year. Thats 156 days off a year. Guys it's more days off in total than you get here. Think about what you do on your days off during the month at home if you're in a first world country, coz most of your normal activities you can't do in HCMC. You can't even ride a bike around. sitting in a pub drinking cheap beer wears thin after a while. The nearset decent watersport beach is 4 hours drive away. There is a small rock climbing wall which is pretty neat. And golf is the same price as home if you play that.

If you're coming from the states, don't burn your bridges and try to keep your travel benefits. They've been talking about flying to the US since before i arrived. It hasn't happened yet and with current climate in the US i doubt they'll let it happen any time soon. We only have 1 american left here. The other 2 left and they didn't go home much when they were here. Too far and too expensive.

Jumpdrive, you haven't been here long have you. We all had a certain honeymoon period here too.