PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Thick passenger comments
View Single Post
Old 22nd Jun 2008, 23:45
flyboy_nz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I was a pax travelling from Melbourne to Dubai on an Emirates flight. (A340-600) It was a direct flight, 22hrs long. Everyone was off to sleep. I was travelling in eco. The pax in the seat front of me, put his seat back. I decided to do the same. The pax behind me told me that I shouldn't put my seat back because he has no room for his legs. The pax behind me was a 6 foot 2 inches tall guy. I felt a bit sorry for him,so I tried sleeping with the seat upright.

I slept for about 20mins. It was the worst position to sleep in. The pax behind me had gone to the lav. I decided to recline my seat back a bit. I made sure it wasn't all the way back. I doozed off.

I then woke up to someone kicking the back of my seat. The rear pax was angry that I had put my seat back and was trying to push my seat forward with his knees. I told him, that everyone has to compromise in some way. He then got up and whacked my headrest. I pressed the ding dong button. I waited and waited. Then waited some more. I pressed for the FA again. Still no one. Finally, I grabbed the attention of an english male FA who was walking past my seat. I told him what the problem was. He then had a chat with the rear pax.

About 2 mins later, he came back to me and said if I wouldn't mind moving to another seat to the back of the plane. I had no problem and I moved. I ended up sitting beside a pretty emirates airhostess who was off duty and was on her way back to Dubai.