PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Israeli Air Force practices for Iranian strike
Old 22nd Jun 2008, 18:55
CirrusF

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The US itself estimates that Israel has Chemical and Biological weapons.

If I were Iranian, and lived in Iran with my family, I would certainly vote for a government that intended to build a nuclear deterrent. In case you have forgotten, Iraq invaded Iran in 1987 with US support, and approximately 1,000,000 Iranians were killed, many dying horrific deaths in WW1 style trench warfare using chemical weapons supplied by (guess who) the US. Iran has then had to watch Israel build a substantial armoury of nuclear, biological and chemical weapons while the US and west generally turns a blind eye, then the US invades Iraq on an obviously fabricated pretext, and then invades on the other side of the border in Afghanistan on another flimsy pretext. If I lived in Iran right now, I would be clamouring at my government to get some nukes fast!! It would seem that a nuclear deterrent is the only way to prevent an invasion by the US - after all the US did not invade North Korea, once they declared they had nukes. Suddenly "diplomacy" was the way forward there....