PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Those considering Emirates
View Single Post
Old 22nd Jun 2008, 17:45
fourgolds

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GMDS, I hear you man. But its never going to happen. With over 30 operators closing down / scaling down since the beginning of the year. There are plently of drivers to replace us. This is becoming a reality. The only way to change it is with your feet. But is it really a good time to move ? Have friends in corporate month on month off earning Dhs 56000 a month flying very nice kit. But how secure in the present times ?

I guess I sound a little insecure , I think a little more realistic. Yes we live in a dump. Make the move or wait , the pendulum always swings back.

Mates in Hong Kong also very unhappy about pollution , and as for the lads in China well. I guess CX do have basings , but only much later on though and by the time you would be able to hold one you will have 10 years wide body command at EK. Its all swings and roundabouts.

My personal frustrations are
1)Buying bloody appliances with plugs that dont fit the sockets , always have to buy a bloody cheap adaptor that also hardly works !!
2) Traffic
3)Trying to contact anyone in the office , the phone just rings and rings or is constantly engaged. Not too mention the automated answering system. Although I would love to Shag Evita ( love her voice)
4)Traffic
5)The crew sandwiches ( please super size me)
6)Traffic
7)The bloody beeping Caterpillar construction vehicles.
8)Traffic
9)Trying to get a Dentist appointment at EK clinic
10)Traffic
11)Asking the Audi Driver " are we picking up anyone else ? " and getting the perverbial Indian headshake to say NO , only to do a tour of the construction site to pick up someone else.
12)Traffic
13)No table on the 777 !!!
14)Getting the rosters so late. Impossible to plan anything toward month end/beginning.
15) Traffic
16)Big Black Landcruisers ( I wish they would meet head on with the Caterpillar)
17) aah F%^& it I'll ramble on all night.

Try see the humour in it. Have a friend 38 just lost his medical , 2 kids.
Could be worse.