PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Those considering Emirates
View Single Post
Old 22nd Jun 2008, 15:13
GMDS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation

Change of subject

The last two weeks we had obscured skies by sand blown in from SA .... well at least part of it may be sand. The rest is simple smog and dust from all the construction sites. Nothing new you might say. What's alarming is the many more friends and other people we know with increasing asthma and other respiratory problems. IT'S NOT THE FLU!
This problem is on a fast rise and needs to be considered by everyone wishing to join and those already installed. I believe we are facing a serious health risk here. As pilots at least we get away half of the time, but your family is stuck in the smog.

For me the monetary situation has become almost a non issue. The health of my family is way more important. To replace the thug threatening my life with something less tangible but as dangerous becomes a no option. I am really and sincerely considering to quit, even though i like the job.

THE ONLY SOLUTION WILL BE COMMUTING ROSTERS TO GET US, ESPECIALLY OUR FAMILY AWAY FROM THIS THREAT AND STILL BE ABLE TO DO THE JOB. DUBAI'S AIR BECOMES A HEALTH HAZARD.

Let me rephrase the whole thing for the EK managers:

EVEN THOUGH A LOT OF US RATHER LIKE THE JOB WITH EK, RISKING THE HEALTH OF OUR CHILDREN IS NOT AN OPTION.
YOU NEED TO INSTITUTE EITHER COMUTING ROSTERS OR BASINGS IN ORDER TO RETAIN YOUR PILOTS.

You might laugh or dismiss the whole issue now and consider me a whinger. But i guarantee you will think of this in a few months or years when your child starts coughing.

Enjoy the summer break, at least your family may go for better air.