PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What's New In W. Africa (Nigeria)
View Single Post
Old 22nd Jun 2008, 12:32
darrelsdregs

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Management, Caring, Communication

Glad NEO is continuing. I expect that managing the problems that we Darrel's dregs just leave to people like him makes him a bit pi$$ed sometimes. He's the one who has to take the flak after Bristow management pay one of their rare visits, cluck over the poor state of the kitchens, agree that we have no facilities, tut over the state of the night standby rooms, agree that we should have better internet so at least we can communicate at a speed faster than slug speed, then promptly go away, make some small concession and think we're all going to be pathetically grateful at being part of the most profitable operation in this country. Meanwhile the big oggas in Lagos all behave exactly as they always did with the Majah and PeeWee isolated in their comfortable office but doing things their own way and causing national pilots to leave for Aero. Now it's rumored Caverton are getting 412s, I wonder how many will leave for them?

Back in Houston I guess they all think that everything here's hunky-dory, that the entire focus of our lives is Target Zero and that we believe Bristow really does communicate and keep us in the loop. The truth is that there's no communication with us here, except occasional one way communication (or diktat) from totally out of touch Human Resources people.

On the subject of Human Resources, we get no communication at all from our so-called HR Manager in Guernsey. Over here, we're not employed by Bristow, but by a shabby little outfit called British Island Airways Guernsey Limited, or BAIGL. The arrogant, stuck-up ex RAF guy who runs that place refuses to ever answer any mails from lowly dregs like us. We're lied to about our pension scheme and one of the guys here is now threatening to sue if we don't get some answers about what's happening to our money.

Oh yeah, this is a real happy little place