PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - new heathrow T1 shared departure area
View Single Post
Old 22nd Jun 2008, 12:17
bhd-lonFLYer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
new heathrow T1 shared departure area

Hi all, i just found this out:

new shared departure area at Heathrow

Heathrow is currently undergoing extensive work to create a modern and spacious environment, designed to transform your airport experience.
From 17 June 2008 the introduction of a new shared airport departure area is just the next step in the development of the Terminal. Whether you are travelling on a domestic or international flight with bmi you will access the departure gates via the international departure area and be able to take advantage of all the services and retail outlets that the Terminal has to offer.
additional security measures
On your next domestic flight with us, you will be asked to pause for a photograph when you present your boarding pass at the security search area. Quick and safe, this then allows you to proceed through the security process to relax and enjoy the airport departure area. On your way to your gate, your photograph will be validated just prior to boarding your flight. Afterwards the records are deleted so there's no need to worry about them being kept on file.

I am due to fly out of lhr in a couple of days could anyone tell me how this new arrangement is performing (will i need to arrive earlier than usual for a domestic flight to bhd?)

Many Thanks

bhd-lonFLYer