PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Peter Daly aka O'Doodle
View Single Post
Old 22nd Jun 2008, 11:18
Paddy Kilduff

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Peter Daly: 19 January 1943 - 21 June 2008

From Peter's sister Carol:

"Dear family and friends

Sadly, Peter died peacefully this morning just after 7am at the Calvary Hospital in Wagga. Meg was with him and I know that was a comfort to her and support for him. In his final days he told Meg that he had ‘enjoyed 65 good years’. He maintained his sense of humour and graciousness to the very end. We will remember him for those and his other fine qualities.

It was Peter’s wish to be buried and his funeral service will be held in Wagga Wagga next Friday afternoon. The service will be at the Loreto Home of Compassion chapel (Bardia St, Ashmont, Wagga NSW 2650) about 1.30pm on Friday 27 June. This service will be followed by a graveside service at the Lawn Cemetery. Then there will be refreshments. I will confirm the times early next week when arrangements have been made. You are most welcome to these services. There will be a notice in the Canberra Times.

Meg has decided to hold a Memorial Service for Peter in Canberra, probably in July. I will let you know the details once it is organised. You are most welcome to this one too as we expect you may not be able to get to Wagga on Friday.

We are all very sad and shocked with the rapidity of Peter’s decline in health during the past weeks since his emergency surgery. As his surgery analysis showed that his cancer was melanoma, his death today may have saved him a lot of pain.

We all wish to thank each one of you for your kind and healing thoughts, prayers and good wishes. It has been sustaining and wonderful for Peter and Meg to receive all of your texts, emails, cards and other transmissions. I will be in touch with you personally in the coming days to thank you.

Slan leath Peter.

Carol
Tom and Carol Flynn"

I have known Peter since our Aircraft Spotting days in EIDW back in the 1950's and 60's. His humour and laugh were always infectious. He last visited us in Swords last Summer. Little did we know it was a final "Slán Leat - Retep Ylad". Paddy