PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What's New In W. Africa (Nigeria)
View Single Post
Old 22nd Jun 2008, 08:35
Nigerian Expat Outlaw

Nigerian In Law

Received 38 Likes on 26 Posts
I was mildly chastised having disagreed with another post for what the Moderator appeared to think was a criticism of the poster's command of English.

I removed that post and advised that I was waiting for all other argumentative posts to be removed from the forum. This post was arbitrarily removed with no explanation.

I feel this type of moderation is high handed and far too restrictive. Other threads have far more freedom of expression without interference. Indeed this thread used to enjoy the same latitude.

Mama, thank you for bringing this issue out into the open. It seems I am not the only one who has noticed (and been a victim of) a change in the manner of moderation of the thread.

However I believe it would be a great shame if it was closed. It has been an excellent source of rumour and information for those having an interest in this part of the world and should coninue to be.

Perhaps a more gentle approach to moderation is called for ? I hope Senior Pilot views my observations in the spirit of Pprune. This is not a personal slight in any way.

NEO