PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Mega Merged: AsA ATC staffing levels
View Single Post
Old 22nd Jun 2008, 04:52
BN APP 125.6

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
I can't figure out if this bloke is confused, misinformed, provocative or simply 100% incompetent.

The confusion argument is pretty sound - just a couple of weeks ago he was telling Senators that his orgnisation was relying too much on controllers doing overtime and it wasn't sustainable.

Now he is telling the controllers they are a bunch of bludgers who are not doing enough overtime, and that this makes them somehow unprofessional.

At the same time he kind of admits it his fault there are not enough staff - and for us to all understand.

Mate we have understood it for many years - you might recall us S H O U T I N G it at you relentlessly from the day you walzted in and commenced to totally ignore the calls to fix the pending demographic destiny that was awaiting us, and all the industry that relies on us.

By the way - they rely on an Air Traffic Service - not an Air Traffic Business. I really dont think they give a rats how big a profit you give to the government of the day (and to yourselves at the top) if you fail to provide the basics of this service.

And you are failing.

You might want to engender a bit of loyalty in your remaining experienced professionals - after all you cant seem to keep them here in Australia to start with.

This kind of insulting nonsense is not the way to do it.

I would have thought someone in your Canberra castle might have whispered that in to your ever-deafening ear.

The again, they too would probably have been ignored.

Pity the poor sod who is going to inherit this mess when you parachute out with your pockets full of cash.