PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates (EK) Interview - all you need to know about it (threads merged)
Old 22nd Jun 2008, 04:23
NautiFlyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Consider this

CF6...
I joined EK last year after waiting 8 months for a DEC interview... I applied with 10K+ TT, and 5K+ as a -11/-10 Captain. Additionally I had 20+ years of Military Flying... After arriving, and going through the interview process (only 2 out of 8 of us were hired), I opted to come to EK as an FO...a decision I am very happy I made! Coming to EK, or any other airline for that matter, requires you to check your ego in at the door, and learn what you can from those who have local experience...
I say this because, I easily could have had an interview much sooner with EK had I just applied for the FO position initially!
Those of you out there that are applying for EK and are coming from the left seat, and feel you "must" get a job as a DEC.... more power to you... but perhaps a slice of humble pie is in order, and taking the FO job will not only get you in the door quicker... but in the end, you'll have a much easier time adjusting to all the interesting facets of life in Dubai. (Not to mention understanding all there is to learn about EK)
There are plenty of threads to read about the DEC issues, etc... please read at your own leisure. I simply want to alert "some" out there that are waiting to hear from EK and tout all kinds of experience... well,... double check your application, and where it says, "Will you accept a FO position"... maybe you should give that some serious thought... it was one of the best decisions I ever made.

NF