PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What's New In W. Africa (Nigeria)
View Single Post
Old 22nd Jun 2008, 04:10
rotorboy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well I am suprised it took this long. and I am glad I wasnt the first one to mention it. The other night I was just think about how much this fourm has changed.

I have been posting on this board for a few years and in the last 6 + months I have been rather turned off by the moderation. PPrune and rotor heads has always (IMO) been a loose place to post topics of general interest ( either directly helicopter or some how assoicated to our lives. I persoanlly dont like how the new moderator chooses what he thinks is best and what is relevant. If it is not relevant, dont click on the the thread, dont move it, dont read it or just move on. It seem to me if it is just a little out of the norm post and thread bet binned or moved.

I agree moderation can be a good thing, when post get vulagr or way out of wack, but this is a loose public fourm and rumor network. One person shoudnt decided what goes or stays. Espically since many frequent posters have been around a lot longer than the moderator .

The power trip just gets to some people. It is what it is.

I have been follwoing this thread closely for he last couple of months as Africa looks like it is in my future. It would be a shame for it to be closed, but I can appreciate the point.

Who knows maybe Ill get binned after my little rant.

Mr Moderator, relax a bit, have a stiff drink and take a valium. There is no need to be wrapped so tight around the axel.

I miss Heliport.
Rotorboy