PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Mega Merged: AsA ATC staffing levels
View Single Post
Old 22nd Jun 2008, 03:41
undervaluedATC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TFN continues to pour fuel on the fire.

in the latest "Azimuth" (AsA's own monthly magazine that spruiks how good a job they are doing )

""Q: So, if we have made progress as you say, why are we still having so many service interruptions in specific areas?

A: The problem that I see is that there is still a view amongst some of our controllers that they are not willing to accept overtime. I appeal to the majority of our people who are decent and professional Air Traffic Controllers to understand that we are working to resolve this issue, they may think that it has come too late in some respects and in some respects frankly it has, but I am seeking their commitment to help us through this period
."

So if I don't accept Ad's I'm not professional? Or decent? How about this TFN - I DON'T do ad's because I'm looking after my fatigue levels. AND I'M ENTITLED TO HAVE DAYS OFF!!!!

the only explanation I can think of for this comment is that he is trying to provoke a reaction from us and paint us in a bad light. NEWSFLASH: the over-reliance on overtime was not caused by ATC's but by poor management planning. And you can't fix it overnight. You want our help - you better treat us with respect, not vieled insults.