PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAAF Flight Screening Programme
View Single Post
Old 22nd Jun 2008, 00:20
baffler15

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Since then i have rang DFR on many occasions to see how my application is going,only to be told that "it has been sent to the board".
That is all fair and good however,it has been six months now and i have still heard nothing.

I do realise that they have many applicants and i'm not asking for any special treatment,but,i really would like to know what is happening (whether they haven't looked at it yet,i have been placed in the waiting pool,ect...)
G'day Mark,

I can't agree more with AOTW's advice. Continue to maintain records of all the times you have made contact (as you have been doing), and keep following up with another polite phone call every couple of weeks or so if you haven't heard anything. This, IMHO (that's In My Humble Opinion in the latest lingo, Milt! ), is not being rude or pushy - on the contrary, it clearly demonstrates someone with drive and motivation to achieve a personal goal. I think that this is probably a far more desirable quality in a pilot applicant than someone who can spel and do gramma gud! Just don't expect things to magically change once you are actually in the service though - there will still be a fundamental need to follow up everything that you have a vested interest in. Unfortunately, if you don't do it yourself, it just won't get done at all.

The Baffler

P.S.

I know that Pilots Course will more than likely be the most challenging 18 months of my life.
If you're lucky! More like a few years, the way things are going at the moment! It's worth it in the end, though.