PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A family's KLM passenger offload experience
Old 21st Jun 2008, 17:37
AlexW1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Case not closed yet after all...

Having chosen to give KLM the benefit of the doubt (although, groundbum, as my brother was once national customer services manager for a travel company I do have an inkling of how the other side works so I understand your thinking - but to be fair, further detail in the letter implied that they have done more than just rephrase some standard response) and decided that that was that, I was amazed and rather chuffed last night to receive a personal phone call at home from ABZ airport management to tell me they'd passed my questions to SGS as requested, followed by an email from SGS at ABZ, assuring me that they will get back to me and answer my queries in full. They apologised for the unacceptable delay - it turns out the guy listed as the SGS UK manager on their website has retired which is apparently why my emails had gone unanswered.
So my direct letter to airport management at ABZ asking them to pass the questions straight to SGS locally appears to have hit the spot. It will be interesting to see what they have to say for themselves rather than have it filtered through multiple layers of bureaucracy back to KLM.

Last edited by AlexW1; 21st Jun 2008 at 17:39. Reason: typo!