PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ATP Scheme (easyjet type rating and line hrs)
Old 21st Jun 2008, 17:37
bananaman2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I had a look at this scheme as well but although I've read and can understand the points mentioned for and against in this and other threads, more of the problem I have is with the reputation of the company as a type rating provider - from past experince not just in aviation when someone is providing a good product, they obviously need marketing but if the product is good they don't need to oversell it, people will come, with this product there looks to be too much sales pitch and 0845 numbers going on.

Which brings me to my main point - hopefully not too much off the point of this thread, has anyone had experience of the the Alteon/Thomas Cook(My Travel) scheme. Would have thought the same reservations apply to this scheme, however what makes me consider this more than the ATP, is that Alteon are more established and possibly more well respected, their claim is that upon completon of the course they have a 100% record of placing people in work (and when I say that, I don't think they just mean Thomas Cook but any airline). Personally if i were to consider the course i'm happy to go abroad for work if there were no opportunities within Thomas Cook e.g India etc, so I think the job risk is less. Also whilst the ATP scheme is a bit of a unknown, the guy from from MyTravel actually came down to Oxford a couple of years back to promote this method of entry and proposed that this was the standard method to apply (for a low hours pilot) apart from CTC - guess what i'm saying is it seems less of a new gimmick in the current economic climate because it was always the way.

Thoughts appreciated, especially those who have considered the scheme or been through it.