PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Kunpeng Airlines ERJ-190
View Single Post
Old 21st Jun 2008, 15:53
Lear70

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You got a response that fast because it's hard to fill that position. Doesn't pay enough or give enough time off to justify going all the way to the other side of the planet.

Not to mention that most of us who are qualed for the DECA slots have families and such that won't uproot and move. There's one or two I'm looking into, but this one isn't one of them, as I have to have enough time off to get back to the states regularly.

I did a search a while back on all the established sites, willflyforfood, here, flightinfo, propilotworld, airlinepilotcentral, and no one really has the info on the interview process, actual flight schedules, days off, living conditions in the "western style furnished apartment", etc. There's definitely westerners over there, but no one's talking.

Good luck to you. At 26, you're young enough to probably not have the responsibilities of family that many of us have or maybe young enough to have a wife who is young enough to see this as an adventure, rather than the "uprooting of her whole support structure". Enjoy while you can!