PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Reality of OAA's Employment Statistics
Old 21st Jun 2008, 15:31
Flashdance9

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
nmcpilot - BA are hiring a lot. Currently taking a number of CTC cadets, some FTE cadets, and very few from OAT. I know where I would put my money...
The truth of the story is about 2 yrs ago the market share of students getting into BA from the integrated courses stood at; OAA 50%, FTE 30%, Cabair 10% and CTC 10%.

Today there are alot more students from CTC joining BA as SSPs (after BA first considered taking students from CTC in 2005) and I've not heard of anyone from Cabair get a job at BA for at least a year.

Out of the 5 BA JOC courses which have been in 2008 so far; 26 SSPs joined BA of which x14 OAA, x9 CTC and x3 FTE. That makes the share OAA 55%, CTC 35% and FTE 10%.

The bottom line is that if you meet the BA standard you get in. It doesnt really matter which of those schools you've come from. The thing to point out here is that not everyone from FTE or CTC get put forward to BA for selection which is the major difference to OAA; All 24 students of a course do get put forward to BA, of which on average 85% make it to cranebank for selection. Its more an 'economies of scale' because on a SSP selection week (24 candidates) at Cranebank, typically 75% OAA, 15% CTC and 10% FTE. Therefore as the majority of candidates are from OAA you'd expect OAA students to make up the majority of BA cadets!

I think BA are hiring more OAA graduates than their report lets on
If you consider my figures above, then no. Personally, I was under the impression that BA would be recruiting double the number of SSPs they have so far. Its either down to a lack of capacity for JOC courses at the CTC training centre or they can't find enough quality candidates...