PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ATP Scheme (easyjet type rating and line hrs)
Old 21st Jun 2008, 15:25
Cancel2LateLunches

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ladies and Gents, although I understand how attractive this scheme sounds in the current climate I would urge caution. Easyjet are slowing down expansion and there is currently talk of closing some of the smaller bases. These two things combined would suggest that your chances of being employed when you complete your hours are slim, if you then add to that a holding pool for experienced pilots and the steady stream of cadets from CTC it becomes clear that this really is just a money making scheme for the company. I would suggest that if you have the money for this you would be far better off in the Ryanair cadet course were you will find yourself employed at the end of your training. I’m not suggesting that RYR are an ideal company but with a full time job (with a poor starting salary ☺) you can sit tight, build your hours and when times are better you will then be well placed to move on to where you want be.