PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Nimrod crash in Afghanistan Tech/Info/Discussion (NOT condolences)
Old 21st Jun 2008, 11:19
MightyHunter AGE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Winco said:

What a stupid and totally incorrect thing to say, and you have shown your complete ignorance regarding civilian aviation. Do you really think that BA or any other large airline would even consider using unlicensed engineers?

Ha ha ha ha! That one made me smile.

Winco I suggest that you are nothing more than a Walt.

What are you, a retired ex-RAF acting Cpl Policeman or even better an ex-steward who heard the proper flyers talk about such things in the mess and decided to try it on?

You have shown your true colours by your complete lack of knowledge for someone pertaining to be an old sweat flyer and maybe now people on here will start taking note of just how little you know.

What a stupid and incorrect thing for you to say. Do you really think BA or any other large airline could AFFORD to have everyone in their employ licensed? You have just confirmed my guess that you have NO idea about what goes on engineering wise either in the civilian sector or in the military.

What world do you live in, imagine a disgusting world where 'unlicensed' engineers work on civilian aircraft, oh my god how could it happen.

You have just shown how out of touch and ignorant you indeed are on aviation engineering matters.

I am still in but actually work part time for an airline UNLICENSED at the moment as I am studying for my JAR66 and will be LICENSED by the time I leave the RAF next year.

Do you really think that everyone working on civvy aircraft is licensed? My my it must be great living in your world!!

I am currently in the US having brought one of Mr Boeing's big birds in last night, but when I return, I will talk to my 'unlicensed engineers' at BA and find out how they do pressure checks and look for possible leaks.

Well best you do and once you have can I suggest that you then get back in your box and let the big boys talk about things they understand i.e engineering and keep you ignorant opinions to yourself eh........

RAF Techie101

Thanks for the tips and comments mate. I do miss being on the Sqn but as you know, I was not happy with the way the fleet was going and decided to get posted and vote with my feet (pvr) as the RAF and Kinloss is run by buffoons and is now a shadow of what it was when we joined!

Keep the faith mate, the aircrew and everyone on here (that know what they are talking about) know how much hard work it takes to keep the Mighty Hunter in the air. Big respect to those guys and gals.