PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 25 years of holding at Williamtown
View Single Post
Old 21st Jun 2008, 08:50
Silent T

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'Gundog01, you may be right, however I believe that there is a chance that the military have changed. Why wouldn’t they? Surely they have seen the error of not asking advice in losing $1 billion on the Super Seasprites. Why wouldn’t they ask controllers in other countries about better ways of doing things?

I’m hoping the culture in the military of never asking advice will change. Then large amounts of money will be saved and our military pilots will have proven aircraft to fly.'

Now, by looking at my details you can tell that whilst having been a reader of PPRUNE for quite a while, I don't post very often. And, I've been drinking and playing golf all day... but I just can't handle some of the crap that comes out of some peoples mouths.

Dick, in your time in the military, did you not see how much the military asks for other users opinions? How much money is spent by sending people overseas for that exact reason? How many people are on exchanges, and how many people do we have here on echanges for that exact reason? Plenty, and that is not just the pilots, but other members also...

Yes, the military makes some mistakes (Seasprite), but it is also a unique user. For example, who does the RAAF ask for about information on a long range BBJ, or using the same airframe for AWACS? Does QANTAS do that? Does 34 SQN already ask these people for information? I would guess yes.

When it comes to the ATC situation ,maybe they don't want to change? Yes inconveniant to you, but sometimes **** happens. Same with people complaining about the range at Willy. Its been the same for a long time. Would it be better if the military just took the airspace and made it completely a restricted area like Pearce or Sale?

I know that would cause issues, and I would not like to see that happen, but for F@#$'s sake, try and remember what they are doing there. Training fast jet pilots to do a job that you have never had the opportunity or ability to do (and I am in the second group there). Unless you move the fast jet squadrons away, the problem of having civilians hold while the fast jet guys come back will always occur, because it will only take one screw up to cause a major issue. Of course moving the jet jocks all to Tindal will screw their retention issues.

I suppose, in my semi drunken stupor, what I'm trying to say is, yes the military takes a fairly conservative view on lighties passing through Willy. You know that. Get over it and stop f$#@ing with it. And how dare you insinutate that the RAAF doesn't ask for other opinions. Just because they don't tell you, doesn't mean it doesn't happen DICK.