PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - update on EK housing
View Single Post
Old 21st Jun 2008, 05:47
pigot1j

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
update on EK housing

Almost as expected, EK has come up with a nice dirty trick to make sure they don't have to pay the promised inconvenience allowance of dhs 5000 after 3 months in temp accomodation.
All it needs is a couple of really ****ty small houses in the rough part of Mirdif, with single glasing, so you don't miss a single takeoff zooming over your roof at 02.00 in the morning. Couple that with a choice of colours in the bathroom that even the blokes get early morning sickness just by switching the light on and there you are. So far it seems everyone of the over 100 families on the waiting list have been offered this fantastic oportunity to get rid of your other half quickly by dumping her in those huts and voila, nobody will get that allowance, because we have now all rejected accomodation offered to us just as the 3 months wait has come to an end. I am still waiting to find out, why this airline is so good and successfull. The training has been truly 3rd world, housing is a mess and everything in Dubai needs a lot of persevierance (sorry, can't spell that one) to get done.
Looks like I have arrived then...
My advise, if you really want to come, that's fine, but delay as much as you possibly can. If you guys out there can wait until next year, it will (hopefully) be a different story but at the moment, if you can, stay where you are.
Cheers, Pigot.