PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Blocked Eustachian Tube
View Single Post
Old 20th Jun 2008, 20:04
WG774

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I saw one of the UK's most respected ENT Surgeons and he said the laser treatment didn't make sense and he felt it was definitely a scam.

As (Mac?) said, if a miracle treatment appears, only one person is qualified to to carry it out, and it's expensive...it's probably a ripoff...

If it's such a miracle cure, why don't they offer it at the Royal ENT Hospital in London?

I got a quote for the laser treatment btw. See quote below.

If you're a millionaire and you reckon the risks are worth it (not sure what the risks are), go for it - keep us posted!

For information, the cost for a surgery is Euro € 9’000,- to 13’000,- or Swiss Francs 15'000.- to 20'000.-, depending from what kind of surgery must be provided.

You must do a deposit of about Euro € 13’000,- or Swiss Francs 20'000.- before the surgery. All payments can be done in cash or through a previous bank transfer.

We don’t accept credit cards or checks.
BTW - Every other surgeon in the building is in the cosmetic field... It's not like they're based above a world-class oncology consultant and below a famous neurosurgeon...

Having said that, I don't 100% know it's a scam, I'm just repeating what I've been told... Good luck to you!