PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Singaporeair Captain recruitment
View Single Post
Old 20th Jun 2008, 18:41
777driver06

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Interview/Sim Process

This question has been asked many times in this thread and I'm not sure why it hasn't been answered, so here goes. I finished the process a couple of weeks ago and all I can say is -professional, professional, professional! Right from the start of the day, I was treated with respect and everyone that I came in contact with helped me through the process. (much unlike the K** mess) The two day interview/sim/medical is a pass/fail process. You start with an interview - not rocket science - just a get to know you type of interview that establishes that you have the experience that you say you have. Passing that, you proceed to the simulator. Yes, you will use what ever sim that is available! They are not looking for type specific skills, just that you can actually fly a heavy commercial airplane and perform like a Captain. We actually got the 340! After a few minutes of explanation on how to operate a side stick, we proceeded with the profile. Standard stuff; normal take off, inst app, engine fail t/o, eng out app, visual xwind app. The difference at SQ is that you actually get feed back on your progress through their process and are always treated with the upmost respect. (once again much unlike the secret society at K**) After the sim ride the evaluator tells you on the spot how you did. You then meet with admin to complete all of the paperwork that you started in the morning. The second day is the physical. Not quite ther NASA physical, but it is thorough. Again the staff at the clinic is very helpful and will help you get it done. One fellow had an elevated (white coat) blood pressure. They gave him a dark room to relax in and later he passed. I hope this ramble is helpful. The big difference that I found at SQ, is that they actually act like they need crew members and that they want you! This is not my first rodeo, so I feel that I am very qualified to state that this is the most professional interview process that I have ever attended. I have been offered a class date, but I have not decided whether to leave my present position yet, so I have no axe to grind - just the facts as I saw them. I hope this is helpful.