PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Plane Off Runway In Durban
View Single Post
Old 20th Jun 2008, 16:36
banana9999

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by cheesycol
Serious?

First lets start with the .

There is a US-based airline called Comair, but you would, unsurprisngly, find them in the US. The Comair involved here, is a SA company.
Yeah quite right on this one. This is a MAJOR scummy getting the country of registration wrong. If the journalist had got it right it would have changed the perception of the crash entirely!!!!! Journo scum

Nothing much twisted there, "turned" might be a better description
"Twist" instead of "turn" - yep a hanging offence this one on the definition of similar words. JOURNO SCUM

The aircraft appears undamaged, fully configured for landing and is most certainly the right way up, doesn't look like a crash to me.
Let's see if the relevant Accident investigation board gets involved. Seems to me you're splitting hairs there and you are trying to apply a specific technical aviation term to the wider English language. Journo correct.

Finally the use of the passenger quote in the context it is presented, is designed to be senationalist and is most certainly not factual.
He quoted a passenger probably correctly. Perfectly acceptable.

Seems to me yet another embarrassing episode of "Professionals" in aviation slagging off people that are their jobs perfectly adequately. I am not a journalist nor ever have been, nor do I know any. What gets my goat is posts like yours which are, quite frankly, the work of an idiot.