PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Vietnam Airlines (info please)
View Single Post
Old 20th Jun 2008, 02:11
ia1166

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ok. your situation is exactly why i'm telling you how it is. you don't want to leave a good company to find yourself a lot worse off. For those with no job then it's no risk at all.

On the line expect to spend 3 days a week in hanoi. It's ok but its 1 hour from the airport. not a problem unless you are on minimum rest (11 hours) which will equate to 9 hours in the hotel. And no free breakfast. So you won't be home in bed every night. put this with being away on leave then your expensive apartment will be empty 50% of the time.

If you don't want to commute and just spend your time seeing asia on your time off then it is a great deal for you. life in HCMC can be fun. it is much cheaper than the west. but when you're working, you work hard. If you're after an upgade and then stay for 3 years then yes it is a good deal. After 3 years you'll have a bunch of command hours and can look at your options then.

But be prepared for a 1 week roster that comes out at 1800 on thursday for the friday. it then changes every 2 or 3 days, you only get 1 day a week off which you may not know about until the evening before. And a constant battle with rostering just to get the bare minimum that you are entitled to.

As an example. I've had 3 days off this month so far. When it all comes to a head end of next week when i tell them they owe me 4 days off in the last week, the day i did on standby earlier in the month will curiously change to a day off and i will have to bring in my printed roster to show them that it was a standby day. It just gets tedious after a while. I didn't have to keep every roster for the last year in my last company. i do now.

3/1 is possible but you still only get 6 free tickets a year. And i wouldn't recommend it because you will not get any days off at all.

I'm also curious as to who told you you'd be in your own bed every night. Thats' a complete lie.

Last edited by ia1166; 20th Jun 2008 at 02:32.