PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CX Direct Entry Capt
View Single Post
Old 20th Jun 2008, 01:32
Numero Crunchero

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
IluvPx,
thanks....I will be running for president the week after I am made the next DFO - hang on a minute, I am not qualified to be DFO as I haven't done an Arts, Archeology or Zoology degree - damn, I knew those finance and MBA courses would be a waste of time!!!

You are correct - it is the majority of those that voted that were in the AOA. Even then we didn't have 100% of eligible members vote. What concerns me is why pilots don't join and don't vote. If you feel you are happy to go with the majority then you don't vote. If you feel there is nothing you can do that will improve things then you don't vote (or join the AOA) through apathy. We need to reinvigorate the pilot body and have them believe that we can make a difference!

They say the difference between a pessimist and optimist is experience...I guess I need more experience as I still believe that with concerted action we can improve things here.

I don't like the direction the AOA has been heading in, I don't like having my democratic vote revoted on, I don't like my representative body act as the selling agent for every sh1tty deal management comes up. I don't like GC members telling me they know whats best for the majority especially when their view is in the minority.

I don't like the puerile communications management come up with...I know we have been called 'million dollar morons' but our train set managers must be 'fifty cent fools' to think we would believe such stupendous fallacies such as "we are not short of crew" and, my favourite, "RA65 will reduce time to command".

So I find myself in that place of "put up, shut up or fix it"! I have no silver bullet, but all of us combined do have the silver bullet. Yes things look grim in the short term but remember D day was over a year in the planning...what we do now sets the stage for 1-2 years hence. If we believe we can achieve nothing then nothing is what we will achieve.

OK, you have holstered your gun and I will take my soap box home;-)